Bean Powdery Mildew:Erysiphe polygonii
Leaves are covered with patches of a whitish to greyish powdery growth. This disease is caused by the fungusErysiphe polygonii.
New growth appears contorted, curled or dwarfed and may turn yellow and drop. Pods are dwarfed and distorted.
This is mostly a problem on fall beans. Powdery mildew is spread by wind and rain.
- Avoid closer spacing by providing proper spacing between the crops.
- Remove and destroy all the debris after harvesting
- Avoid the same cropping for 3 to 3 years in the same area.
- When the disease is first noticed, sprays or dusts sulphur. Do not use sulphur on young plants.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal