Finger Millet Bacterial Leaf Spot: Xanthomonas campestris pv. eleusineae
- The typical symptom appears on both the surfaces of the leaf as light yellowish to brown spots. They are linear, spreading along the veins.
- Later on the colour changes to dark brown and as the disease advances the leaf blade gets shredded by splitting along the streaks.
- Sometimes, the streak also appears on the peduncle of the ear head.
Identification of pathogen:
- The bacterium is a rod with a single polar flagellum.
- Use healthy seeds for sowing.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal