Aphids: Aphis craccivora
Symptoms of damage:
- Wilting of tender shoots during hot weather
- Stunting and distortion of the foliage and stems
- They excrete honeydew on which sooty molds flow forming a black coating
- Act as vector for peanut stripe virus and groundnut rosette virus complex
Identification of the pest:
- Nymphs and Adult: Reddish to dark brown coloured with cornicles in the abdomen.
- Apply any one of the following insecticides
- Chlorpyrifos 20%EC 1000 ml/ha
- Imidacloprid 17.8% SL 100-125 ml/ha
- Methyl demeton 25% EC 1000 ml/ha.
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal