What to do?
A farmer can get the price information of their products available on www.agmarknet.nic.in. or through Kisan Call Centres or SMS.
- Harvesting and threshing should be done at the appropriate time.
- Proper grading, packing and labelling should be done before sale for a better price.
- Transport of produce at proper market/Mandi for getting remunerative price.
- Storage of produce should be done for sale during off season for maximum profit.
- Avoid distress sale.
- The farmer in a group can form marketing cooperatives for better marketing facilities.
- Marketing cooperatives can open retail and wholesale outlets.
- Farmers can also operate cold storages and warehouses to store the produce in order to avoid distress sale.
What can you get?
|S.No.||Type of Facility||Type of assistance available||Scheme|
|1.||Godown capacity from 100 Mtr to 30000 Mtr (50 MT for hill areas)
~ For all farmers
~ For woman farmers, their Self Help Groups, Cooperatives, entrepreneurs.
~ For other categories
25 percent subsidy of capital cost
33.33 percent subsidy of capital cost
15 percent subsidy of capital cost
|Grameen Bhandaran Yojana|
|2.||~ For rapid development of infrastructure projects in agriculture and allied sectors including dairy, meat fisheries and minor forest produce.
~ To develop marketing infrastructure to cater to the post harvest requirement of production and marketable surplus of various farm products.
| 25% of the capital cost of project up to 50 lakh on each project. In Hilly or Tribal areas or SC/ST entrepreneurs and their cooperatives
subsidy shall be 33.33% of the capital cost up to Rs. 60 lakh in each case.No proper ceiling on subsidy in respect of projects of State agencies.
|Scheme for Development/ Strengthening of Agricultural Marketing Infrastructure, Grading & Standardization|
|3.||Awareness and Food Festival for each district||Rs. 1 lakh /food festival||Intensive for nutritional security through Intensive Millets Promotion (INSIMP)|
Indicative List of Projects
Agriculture based projects
Cleaning, Grading Units, Paddy Primary Processing Plant, Seed Cleaning Centres, Packaging labelling and coding units. Automatic produce handling plants, Quality Control Labs. Drying yards/Automatic Bulk Dryers, Electronic Weighing Centres, Information Kiosks, E-trading units, Commodity specific markets. Modernization of Agriculture Produce Markets, Establishment of Farmer Markets, ICT infrastructure for Agriculture Extension, Infrastructure for Contract farming.
Livestock Based Projects:
Establishment of the livestock market, Piggery and Poultry Market, Fodder Bank, Mobile Fodder Banks, Baling Press, Egg Storage Centre, modern abettor etc.
Dairy Based Project:
Milk collection centre. Milk Quality Testing Lab, Automatic Mulching Machine, Chilling Centre, Bulk Chilling Unit, Pasteurisation Plant, Milk Packaging Unit, Refrigerated van for collection and distribution.
Horticulture Based Project:
Primary processing centre for Litchi, Guava, Banana etc. Cleaning grading waxing and packaging lines, Ripening Chambers, Curing Chambers, Drying Yards, PACK Station (Collection Centre), Quality Station, Pack Houses, Modernization and establishment of F&V markets, infrastructure for medicinal plants,
Fisheries Based Projects:
Chilling Plant, IQF Plant, Fish Storage & Markets.
Apiculture Based Projects:
Honey Extraction Unit, Collection Centre, Bulk Storage Units, Honey Processing Units, Wax Separator and Collection Unit.
Whom to Contact?
- Nearest Office of Taluka Agriculture Officer, Sub-divisional Agriculture Officer, District Superintending Agriculture Officer, Divisional Joint Director of Agriculture
- Website of Agriculture Department – www.mahaagri.gov.in
- Kisan Call Center (Toll-Free No.) – 1800 – 180 – 1551