What to do?
- To save themselves from the clutches of money lenders, farmers can avail loan facility from banks.
- Loan facility is available through the large network of Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Bank and Cooperative Credit Institutions in the country to fulfil the crop loan and term loan needs of the farmers.
- Ensure timely repayment of bank loan.
- Proper record of loan should be maintained by the farmer.
- Utilise the bank loan for the actual purpose for which bank loan is taken.
What can you get?
Quantum of assistance
|1||Interest Assistance||3 % rebate on interest on timely repayment of crop loan of up to Rs. 3 lakh at an annual interest of 7 %.|
|2||Need of collateral/security||No need of collateral security for farm loan up to Rs. 1 lakh.|
|3||Kisan Credit Card||Farmers can avail crop loan through Kisan Credit Card. Loan /credit limit is decided on the basis of 3-5 years average of crop sown on cultivated land by the farmers. Farmers are also provided cover of Rs. 50,000 maximum for accidental death.|
|4||Investment Loan||Loan facility to the farmers is available for investment purposes in the areas viz. Irrigation, Agricultural Mechanization, Land Development.
Plantation, Horticulture and Post Harvest Management.
Whom to Contact?
- Nearest Office of Taluka Agriculture Officer, Sub-divisional Agriculture Officer, District Superintending Agriculture Officer, Divisional Joint Director of Agriculture
- Website of Agriculture Department – www.mahaagri.gov.in
- Kisan Call Center (Toll-Free No.) – 1800 – 180 – 1551
- Farmer’s Portal, Government of India