Leaf web worm: Nausinoe geometralis
Symptoms of damage:
- Caterpillar webs the leaves and branches
- They skeletonize leaves by scraping away the parenchymatous tissues.
Identification of the pest:
- Caterpillar – green with dark warts giving rise to thin hairs
- Adult – medium sized moth with light brownish wings and wings having white spots.
- Collect and destroy the damaged leaves along with larvae
- Use light trap to attract and kill the adult moths
- Spray NSKE 5% or malathion 50EC 2ml/lit
- Proper pruning and hygienic maintenance of bushes
- TamilNadu Agritech Portal.