Some Chilli varieties are:-
1.Swarna Praphulya (2013, IVRC)
• Swarna Praphulya was developed through pure line selection from local germplasm.
• Plant is vigorous with 90-100 cm plant height and resistant to bacterial wilt under natural field conditions.
• Swarna Praphulya (20-25 t/ha) shows its superiority with 34% increase over the check KA-2.
• Fruits are long (6.0-6.5 cm), pungent, dark green and dark red when ripe.
• Recommended for cultivation in Jharkhand and Bihar and adjoining areas where bacterial wilt is a problem.
1.Swarna Atulya (2013, IVRC)
• Swarna Atulya was developed through pureline selection from EC-596749 collected from world vegetable centre Taiwan through NBPGR.
• Plant is vigorous with 45-50 cm plant height, early flowering and fruiting and suitable for kharif and rabi season cultivation.
• Swarna Atulya (40-45t/ha) shows its superiority with 63% increase over local check (California Wonder). It is tolerant to powdery mildew.
• Fruits (120-130 g) are almost round (4.5-5.0 cm length, 5.5-6.0 cm breadth), green and are yellow coloured at maturity.
• Recommended for cultivation in Jharkhand and Bihar and adjoining areas.
- Research Complex for Eastern Region